The CIS Division provides the Technion members with a central authentication system named "Technion Authentication". Owners of these accounts get access to Technion central servers and services ןn accordance with their permissions on these systems.
Technion account has three components:
- Username - chosen by the user.
- Password - to choose according to the these guidelines.
- Secret code - delivered in writing to the user upon opening the account.
Account opening in the authentication system is done for each users group in the responsible office and according to Technion policy:
- Accounts for Technion and Technion Research & Development Foundation administrative staff -opened by the human resources departments at the Technion and at the TRDF.
- Faculty members - opened by the Office of Academic Affairs .
- Student accounts are opened on self-service according to the guidelines published here
Account opening and maintenance
Academic and administrative staff - opening a Technion authentication account enables the use of the Technion e-mail system with firstname.lastname@example.org, with access to the https://www.office.com/ e-mail server.
Technion graduate and undergraduate students - e-mail services are provided by the Microsoft Office 365 cloud services. The e-mail address is email@example.com, and access to Office 365 is at -
http://mail.campus.technion.ac.il . After the student has graduated, the e-mail address wil be firstname.lastname@example.org
SSO - Single Sign On
SSO is a user authentication system that enables single authentication session for multiple systems, without the need for separate authentication on each system. This system is implemented by the Technion using the Azure Active Directory service by Microsoft.
The following sites connect to this SSO Authentication service:
- Panopto - recorded lectures
- Moodle - e-learning
- Gmar - graduation system
- ALMA directory service
- Ezlibrary directory service
- Students - Student Services
- Technion's Mobile Application for Android and iOS
- BookMe - Room Reservation Service
- OTP - VPN Remote Connection Service
Among servers and services that may be used with central authentication one can find: