Communication - Services and Activities
The various communication services provided by the CIS Division are aimed at supporting research, teaching and administrative activities at the Technion.
Local infrastructure consists of wired, optical and wireless cabling, as well as communication equipment and supporting systems, that enable use of multiple communication protocols.
Communication systems are developed, maintained and monitored by different teams at the CIS Division.
Among others, the following central services are provided to campus users:
- Connectivity to the Israeli and the international academic network
- Connectivity to the Internet
- Connectivity for dial-in users
- Management of the Technion wireless network
- Monitoring and protection against threats from in and out of campus
- Establishing standards for communication equipment at the Technion
- Detection and response to end-user problems
- Maintenance of the backup communication network.