The stability of the computing infrastructure is a cornerstone of the management, activity and success of the Technion. A stable infrastructure is essential for supporting the changing and growing needs of the organization while ensuring a high degree of accessibility to its information systems.
The Technion's status as a leading Israeli Academic institution, the geographical dispersion of the various units, and the large number and variety of informational systems expose the Technion to constant security threats, which apply a systematic and comprehensive thinking.
To mitigate the numerous security threats, many activities are carried out:
- Raising the awareness to information security issues.
- Risk assessing surveys.
- Establishing policies and regulations regarding information security.
- Strengthen the IT infrastructure.
- Optimizing and improving the efficiency of the information security devices.
- Carrying out various projects in the domain of the information security.
- Coordinating communication with external entities.
- Assuming the compliance to the State laws and applicable regulations.