Configure Thunderbird for Office 365
- Launch Thunderbird to bring up the main Thunderbird interface. If you have other accounts configured, you can navigate here by clicking on Local Folders on the lefthand side. Select Email under the Setup Another Account section in the main window.
- On the Mail Account Setup window, enter information into the available fields as follows:
- Click Continue
- Thunderbird should automatically discover and fill in the server settings necessary for your account:
Press on “Configure Manually” and select OAuth2 from the Authentication Method dropdown.
click on “Done”.
In the following screen, insert your Password and then press on “Sign in”
You will be prompted a Permissions Request, please hit the “Accept”.
- Reconfigure folder mapping:
Clients configured using Microsoft Exchange protocol use different folders for some of the primary mail folders. For consistency, we highly recommend that you configure Thunderbird to use these same folders. This will make it less confusing if you also use the web client for Office 365 or a different desktop client that is using the Exchange protocol.
- Right-click on your Office 365 account and select "Subscribe…" from the drop-down menu.
- Place a checkmark within the box next to each of these folders: "Drafts | Deleted Items | Sent Items".
- Click Subscribe button.
- Click OK button.
- Right-click on your Office 365 account and select "Settings…" from the drop-down menu.
- Under your Office 365 account, select "Server Settings".
- Within 'Server Settings | When I delete a message' section, select "Move it to this folder:" and use the text box next to this setting to select the "Deleted Items" folder.
- Under your Office 365 account, select "Copies & Folders".
- Within 'When sending messages, automatically | Place a copy in:' section, select "Other" and use the text box next to this setting to select the "Sent Items" folder within your Office 365 account.
- Make sure "Drafts" folder is selected within your Office 365 account under 'Drafts and Templates'.
- Click the OK button.
- Restart Thunderbird