Given the widespread use of conference call solutions, attackers' efforts to exploit weaknesses in these applications are identified.
It is vitally important to implement a number of precautionary measures outlined in the following specific ZOOM application link - https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/software/how-to-secure-your-zoom-meetings-from-zoom-bombing-attacks/
The explanations are accompanied by screenshots for easy application of the precautionary rules
The following is a list of rules described in this article:
1. Protect your session password.
2. Using WAITING ROOM for meetings of a confidential / sensitive nature and locking the meeting after everyone has joined. This section is not applicable for lectures with large number of participants
3. Use the latest version (keep up to date) of the ZOOM application and only from the official website of the manufacturer. Technion.zoom.us
4. Be very careful sharing your personal meeting room – see below
5. Allow screen sharing of the host only, unless the nature of the meeting requires otherwise.
6. Do not publicly share meeting screen shots or confidential / sensitive meeting invitations.
Personal meeting room
Your Personal Meeting Room is a virtual meeting room permanently reserved for you that you can access with your Personal Meeting ID (PMI) or personal link, if applicable. You can start instant meetings with your PMI, or you can schedule a meeting that uses your PMI.
Your Personal Meeting Room is ideal for use with people you meet with regularly. However, because it is always accessible with the same Meeting ID and personal link, it should not be used for back-to-back meetings or people you do not meet with regularly. Once a participant has the link to your PMI, they can join it at any time the meeting is in use, unless you lock the meeting or use the Waiting Room feature to admit participants individually.
Consider Use a random meeting ID: It’s best practice to generate a random meeting ID for your meeting, so it can’t be shared multiple times. This is more secure alternative to using your Personal Meeting ID, which is not advised because it’s basically an ongoing meeting that’s always running.
Join before host allows attendees to join the meeting before the host joins or when the host cannot attend the meeting.
If you select join before host, then the participants can join the meeting before the host joins or without the host. If you do not select join before host, the participants will see a pop up dialog that says "The meeting is waiting for the host to join." If you are the host, there is a login button to login and start the meeting as the host.
Registration Required - Scheduling a meeting that requires registration will allow you to have your participants register with their e-mail, name, other questions, and custom questions. You can also generate meeting registration reports if you want to download a list of people that registered.