The CIS Division provides the Technion members with a central authentication system named "Technion Authentication". Owners of these accounts get access to Technion central servers and services ןn accordance with their permissions on these systems.
Technion account has three components:
- Username - chosen by the user in accordance with the convention.
- Password - to choose according to the these guidelines.
- Secret code - delivered in writing to the user upon opening the account.
Account opening in the authentication system is done for each users group in the responsible office:
- For undergraduate students - according to the Undergraduate School guidelines.
- For graduate students - by the guidelines of the Graduate School.
- Technion and Technion Research & Development Foundation administrative staff -opened by the human resources departments at the Technion and the TRDF.
- Faculty members - opened by the Office of Academic Affairs .
Account opening and maintenance
Users can manage their accounts using a self-service account maintenance system at
Authentication is done using an ID number and a valid password. The password can be recovered using the ID number and the secret code.
Academic and administrative staff - opening a Technion authentication account enables the use of the Technion e-mail system with firstname.lastname@example.org, with access to the https://www.office.com/ e-mail server.
Technion graduate and undergraduate students - e-mail services are provided by the Microsoft Office 365 cloud services. The e-mail address is email@example.com, and access to Office 365 is at -
http://mail.campus.technion.ac.il . After the student has graduated, the e-mail address wil be firstname.lastname@example.org
Among servers and services that may be used with central authentication one can find:
- t2 computer for students and tx computer for adacemic staff
- HPC computers, Tamnun and Aluf clusters
- TechSec secure wireless network
- Technion Mobile application
- Major video servers: video and panopto
- E-mail services at webmail , in exchange , and Office 365 cloud
- Library services
- SAP Portal
- Moodle services (coming soon)
- upgrade services